"If I had a Star for all the times you made me smile,I would Hold the sky in my hand."

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentines Mixed Media painting

The sentiment and heart stamp are both from Tim Holtz .
I used liquid pearls in heart to add some dimension and ranger paint dabbers.
Nails I found on walking path and thought they looked really distressed and cool.
 

If your interested in seeing the whole process of how I made this, watch the video above
and don't forget to checkout Part (2) on my Youtube channel.
Most products used can be seen on both video's but don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
Hope ya'll get inspired to break out your liquid pearls and acrylic paints, you may have just sitting in your craft room. For me painting is all about fun and inspiration there is ( no wrong or right way to do this), just let the creative juices flow.  ( Thanks again for stopping by)

2 comments:

  1. girl this is just mind blowing amazing. i watched the video and i was in aw at all the techniques you do. incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Carrie! So happy you liked it. It was my first time doing a mixed media painting like that and I gotta say it wont be my last. (so fun you should give it go!)

    Sandra
    Crafty hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete